21 January 2011

Lord....Help Me

I am SO.....not ready for this.  Thank goodness, I have a few years ahead of me to toughen up my skin.  Or to find the best lock made by mankind. 

I'm sitting in a restaurant innocently having lunch and minding my own business.  Next to me are 3 rather innocent looking high school girls.  Who are secretly plotting their plans to 'pass one over' on the 'ol parents and sneak out, go to a party they shouldn't be at or all of the above along those lines!!! 

Now, Mom & Dad...if you are reading this, I know you are saying, 'what the heck is this girl complaining about!  We went through the same hell when we found out she stayed out all night at a party down the street when she told us she was spending the night at her friend's house.'  Paybacks is probably the word entering your head.  And, I was a 'good' kid.  I would like to think.

I also just overheard that these girls go to a private school near us that happens to cost $30k a year.  If you pay that absurd amount of money, shouldn't your kids behave!!  These girls are plotting how to get some kind of 'key' from one of the dads.  But, pondering how suspicious it will be if she asks for it.  Making comments joking around about how it will be the worst moment for their parents if they 'get arrested' and their parents have to answer that call you dread coming from the cops.  They are talking about having 'Nick' drive them around.  Should I tell themt that 'Nick' doesn't really have their best interest in mind??  :)  The amount of drop-offs required to make this plan successful is unbelievable.  Does more work = more fun? 

What are these girls thinking?  Do they think anything good is going to come of this?? 

I know, I know....we've all been here.  We all survived and our parents only had minor heart attacks along the way.  There is a BIG difference between raising girls and boys.  My boy is only 5 mos old and I already have this one figured out.  Olivia is going to be chained up or I'll find some way to stick a surveillance camera around her neck. DeeDee - glad you signed up for that 'tween' class.  You can coach the rest of us on raising girls post-millennium!! 

My stomach is in knots already......ugh! 

No comments:

Post a Comment