08 June 2010

We'll Leave the Light on For You.....

Next week kicks off our 'Summer Visitor's special!!  We are SO excited.  We love visitors.  We love seeing friends and family that we can no longer see on a regular basis.  And, we're on the home stretch of 'peace and quiet' before the baby arrives.  Or, as much 'peace and quiet' you can have with an almost-5 yr old.  Which really is pretty nice. 

I now know to save all my vacation days for next summer.....or at least in hopes that we have the same return with friends and family coming to visit.  Between now and when the baby comes, we will have the great fortune to see Sara (Baba), Allison (last minute surprise next week!), my sister, niece and nephew, Kenneth and Lili post-honeymoon, my Mom, the Wright's, Erika and Elise, and both grandma's potentially pre-arrival of the baby.  And, this doesn't even count all the friends and family we will get to see while in Dallas in a few weeks!! 

This is turning out to be the most exciting summer ever!!  Olivia is beside herself and tracking everything on a calendar.  It's like Christmas for her (and us!)!! 

I'm excited because I get to play hostess, cook and make my best attempt to entertain.  Something I love, but don't necessarily get to do as much as when we lived in Arlington. 

To all the people coming....here's my one caveat:  Sorry we don't quite have the space we used to have.....we love our house, we just lost a lot of space in the move.  Not sure what happened to it, but it didn't make it to Florida.  And, I'm sorry if I waddle.  I will do my best to get off the couch.  But, it's 120f in Miami (or at least feels that way sometimes) and I have a big 'ol baby inside this belly.  One measuring in the 90% range at this point.  I do, however, have a 4yr old to make up for any lost energy that I may have.  She's quite entertaining and will do a great job of picking up when I start slacking....!  :) 

We can't wait to see all of you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment