14 May 2010

Six Month Update

I'm totally confused by the 'pregnancy' math.  I'm technically 24 weeks today, which would put me at 6 months.  But, my due date is Sept 3rd, which is a little more than 3 months away.  Regardless, we're getting close!!  I have an 'app' on my iPhone that tells me week by week what's going on.  I was reading it to Kyle last weekend and it said 'You're 23 weeks and have 17 weeks to go'!  Panic.  We're on the downhill now.  Uh-oh! 

As with most 2nd (or 3rd or more) pregnancies, we are SO not prepared like we were with Olivia!  This baby better not come a day early or it will be going home with whatever wipes and diapers we can steal from the hospital, along with the standard pink and blue blanket they give you when the baby is born! 

I do have the bedding.  That part is done.  Funny side story about that - I love the it makes people uneasy that we don't know what we're having!  Our neighbor was over for dinner the other night and I said 'oh, you have to come see that bedding for the crib'...in all honesty, she replied with an astonished look, 'You have the bedding??  How??  You don't know what you're having'....I know.  Completely foreign idea to people, but it works!!) 

But, the crib eventually needs to go up for the bedding to be applicable!  I know, we have some time.  But, it was so much easier when we had 4 bedrooms.  I could still have a guest room AND put the baby's bedroom together with leisure.  And, with Olivia, I just had to worry about her room and her bedding.  Now, I'm moving beds all around, trying to make the baby's room a pseudo guest room and a baby's room.  Trying to make Olivia's room a little less 'toddler' and make it possible to be a guest room when people come visit and Olivia gets to 'camp out' in our room.  So, I'm getting 3 new bedding options, accessories, furniture, etc.  And, trying to be very cost efficient with this endeavor!  I know....the same problems everyone faces in this situation. 

So, enough of that part. 

As for the pregnancy, I'm trying to enjoy this pregnancy as much as I did Olivia's.  There are parts of it where I truly am doing that.  I enjoy being pregnant.  Olivia is talking to the baby every day and putting her hand on my belly at night when we read stories in case she feels 'Shim' (part 'she', part 'him) move.  There are days I feel cute. 

Then, there are the other 6 days of the week.  I just feel huge this time.  I didn't with Olivia.  I'm about the size I was when I delivered Olivia and I have three more months to go!!!!!  I've been trying to work out more.  I haven't been craving the daily Dairy Queen Heath Blizzards that I did when I was pregnant the first time.  In fact, my biggest craving this time has been grapefruit.  Who craves that???  Funny part is, Olivia is now hooked on them and the two of us have one apiece each morning.  Good mother/daughter bonding time over a grapefruit.....She likes them so much, she uses a straw at the end to suck out all the juice.  (My other biggest craving is a margarita, but since I can't have that....no need to talk about it.) 

I am SO thrilled to be entering prime summer months here in Miami with all the Brazilian-model-like beauties walking on the beach.  I can't wait to continue getting bigger and bigger with each scorching month.  This is going to be fun!   The best part is, the bigger I get, the more Kyle shrinks!!  He's started doing this program called P90X.  It's a DVD workout program if you haven't heard of it.  He's getting in prime shape and I'm gaining every pound he's losing.  Fabulous! 

I also have 6 weeks of solid travel left.  I think this is the part that is so hard this time.  Here's my lovely trips each week from now until the end of June - Bermuda, NYC (get to have dinner with my mom!), Dominican Republic, Minneapolis, Jamaica, San Diego and Dallas for Lili and Kenneth's wedding.  I'm very excited about a few of the trips (seeing my mom and going home to see everyone), but I'm done.  I'm tapped out. 

Now for the fun part.  We had a sonogram two weeks ago.  Now, the 3D technology is a normal part of the process.  When we had Olivia, you had to go somewhere private to get that part done.  And, our sonogram tech loves playing around with the new technology, so we get to see some cool things.  Here's a little video of 'Shim'.  I know, it's probably more 'weird' than 'cute' at this point, but still had to share.  We go back at 32 weeks for another one.  (DeeDee - surprise!  You and the kiddos get to come as you'll be here that week.  I already checked and the lady said that all Latin families bring a crew here, so not a problem!)

This baby has the exact same nose as Olivia!  That's Shim's arm in front of it's face. 


No comments:

Post a Comment