08 April 2010

I Have A New Address....

It's called an airplane!  I called my mom last week and asked her if there was a spot on the new Census report where you could type 'American Airlines' for your home address!  I love traveling for work and for pleasure.  But, this is getting a bit ridiculous!  All worth it, as I've been able to incorporate many personal side-trips to my work trips lately.  I've been able to catch up with many, many people I have not seen in awhile, which is always fun. 

Last week, I went to Chicago for a quick day and a half trip.  One of my good friends, Jennifer, lives out there, so I was able to stay with her one night night and then head to our office early the next morning.  I got back from Chicago at 7pm Thur night and by 6am the next morning, Kyle, Olivia and I were back at the airport heading to San Antonio.  It's been killing me not to blog about this trip as we've had it planned for months!  But, it was a surprise.  At least for two people involved - DeeDee and her son Josh.  Kaitlyn knew about is as she is a bit 'older and wiser'....in other words, she can keep a secret.  Josh, who's 5, just might not understand the meaning of 'secret' yet, so we chose to keep it from him.  My sister turned 40 on Good Friday and my parent's threw her a very nice surprise party with many of her friends in attendance.  It was a great time.  Much more about this trip in my next post after I upload the pics....many from this weekend and others before it. 

We got back Tues night and now we're back on a plane tomorrow morning.  Like the others, this one is worth it, even if a bit taxing.  The three of us are flying to Dallas.  There, Olivia gets off the plane and gets some 'Gogi' time.  Kyle and I....we get a little 'adult vacation time'.  Sleeping in, staying out late, that kind of thing.  We're going up to Seattle and tying it into a quick business trip I have Tuesday. Very long flight for a day's meeting, so we decided to make the most of it.  We're going hiking one day, might go see whales one day and are trying to get tickets to the Mariner's opening day.  Then, I have a friend up there too from my video game days and we're going to have dinner one night with her and her husband.  Should be a lot of fun! 

Oh....and Olivia and a friend decided to 'cut' her hair a few weeks ago, so I'll have to show you her new 'do.  Two haircuts later, it actually turned out cute.  Isn't this a rite of passage for all kids?  If so, we survived in good form.  Could've been MUCH worse! 

No comments:

Post a Comment