07 January 2010

Texas Fight, Texas Fight....

Big game tonight McCoy!!! Please tell me you have diligently spent the last 5 weeks working your tail off, perfecting your not-so-perfect season. We need you tonight. We need your 'A' game that you had in the 2008 season. You were great then. This year....thankfully we had a good offense to back you up and an amazing defense that only allowed 61yds avg (running). Yes, I know you were up for the Heisman. Two years in a row. I understood it last year. This year, you will be playing the Heisman winner in the biggest game of your career. So, your last two games of the season were 'ahem'.....not your best. Close calls with Texas A&M and Nebraska? We didn't need a heart attack over those not-even-in-the-rankings teams! But, the 'Horns pulled through. Here is a good article talking about the '10 Reasons Texas Will Win'.

The last time the Horns played in the National Championship, I had a newborn and much to my disappointment, fell asleep in the last 10 minutes of the game. I tried with ALL my might to watch the end. But, we were losing miserably and my thoughts quickly turned to a 2am feeding that was looming around the corner. I told Kyle to wake me up if anything BIG happened. Supposedly he tried to wake me when it looked like Vince Young was making a comeback and I said 'I'll read about it in the morning'!!?! WHAT? Who says that? I watched the re-runs about 20 times on ESPN the next day. Not quite as fun, but a great finish still.

So...tonight, I've hired a babysitter. For two reasons. First - the game starts on the east coast at 8pm. This also happens to be Olivia's bedtime. Selfishly, I would like to watch the pregame hype and everything leading up to the game this time. Not reading Olivia the Pig or If You Give a Pig a Pancake. Not tonight. Not when it's the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!! Second - my husband is not a Texas fan. For over 11 years, I have failed miserably with this attempt to transform him. He's an Aggie and usually a fan for anyone playing Texas. I'm not actually sure about tonight. But, it doesn't matter. I can't watch it with all my Longhorn, football-loving girlfriends, so I wanted to make sure that I surrounded myself with other Texas fans. We're going to a sports bar. And most people in Miami have a strong (putting it lightly) dislike for Nick Saben. So, my chances of being surrounded by TX fans are pretty good!

HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment