04 January 2010

Sometimes Life Just Really Sucks.....

R.I.P....Sam Lane
Aug 2002 - Jan 4, 2010

One of the world's best dogs left the world a little too early today. We took him in for surgery this morning to have the tumor on his leg removed. He got really bad over the weekend and cried in pain a lot last night. Kyle knew this was the end, but I refused to give up on the little guy. I somehow was convinced that they could take it out and we would have a lot of time left with him. But, the vet called a little while ago and said it was really bad. The cancer spread into his nervous system, causing a lot of the pain. It was too big, too much and very little they could do at this point. So, he never made it out of surgery. We didn't even get to say good-bye. And now, we have to tell Olivia that her buddy is up in heaven with Jake and Jackie. This sucks. It just really sucks.

5 comments:

  1. Oh no, I am so so sorry to hear about Sam. If there's anything you guys need please let me know :( ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry. I loved him too. I loved the way the dogs would wake us up in the mornings when we stayed with you. Poor Olivia. It is so hard for children to understand the rainbow bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin - Bryan and I are very sorry to hear about your loss. Sam was a great dog and we always enjoyed hanging out on the couch together. Our pets are part of our family and it's so hard when we lose them. We'll say an extra special prayer for the Lanes tonight.

    xo xo, Julie and Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, despite this being a really sad post and we miss Sam terribly....I am so excited that people are reading this blog. And, they are leaving comments. I didn't even KNOW that Julie C. and Laura D. knew the link to this thing. Yippee! Good to hear from you guys! Hopefully under better circumstances next time. Come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh... Kristin, I am so sorry to hear about Sam. I had no idea you'd lost him, and am very sad for you, Kyle, and Olivia. Hope all is well in Miami. We miss you here in Dallas!

    ReplyDelete