13 September 2009

A Place to Call Home......

I think I'm perpetually at least a week behind on blogging. I can't seem to get away from it. Or, rather, ahead of it. I just found my missing USB cord. So, my pictures from Lili and Kenneth's visit are just getting uploaded. I definitely need to get those up before Thursday....because the moving truck is pulling up and FINALLY returning our things.


Whew. We don't even remember what we have anymore, it's been so long. Kyle and I were trying to 'place' things in our mind this weekend as we were walking around the empty house and we kept remembering things. It's weird to think you haven't seen your belongings in over TWO months. I thought at the beginning that I'd set aside a ridiculously large amount of clothes and shoes. However, after 2 1/2 months.....I hope to never see these outfits again!! But, yes....it's also taught us that you really can get by on very little. And, it's probably a pretty good idea to do so.


Enough of that....on to the fun stuff!!! Our house!! The more time I spend in it, the more I really love it. The 'Florida style' definitely took some getting used to. After 6 months of house hunting though, it began to grow on us. And now, the idea of eating on your patio for 9 months out of the year, seems kind of cool. The painters are there now painting every room in the house. I took some pics this weekend and will post those soon. (Translate - at least a week!) Tjhe house looks even better with some color on the walls!!


We even swam in the pool this weekend and brought Sam over to run around in the backyard for a bit. And, our backyard neighbors greeted themselves through the hedges today. They live in the oldest house in the neighboryhood....built in 1921. It's amazing. And big. And, they have three kids, including a 5yr old girl!! yipee!

(I uploaded these backwards and it takes awhile to move them around on my home computer without a mouse, so bare with the weird order).

Had to post this one....Olivia took it. Random group of people, me, Allison, our realtor, their realtor, some random friend of theirs...it was really funny to see the things Olivia thought were 'picture worthy'.


The left side of the yard. It goes pretty deep.

Living/dining room.

The coolest climbing tree ever!! Can't wait for the cousins (Kaitlyn & Josh) to come down and see how far they can climb!



Olivia checking out the patio. The window there is a 'pass thru' window to the kitchen.



Cabana bath/Guest bath/Olivia's bathroom....all in one!! :) I promise if you come to visit, it won't be pink!



The family room with french doors to the pool or 'lanai' as they say here. It's beautiful when the doors are open.




My kitchen!!! And, thankfully, a ton of storage space for my billion entertaining dishes! Just need to find people I can entertain!



Self-explanatory!






It was a 3-car garage and the previous owners converted one bay into an extra room. We're going to make it a playroom/office.



The living/dining again. The converted room is off the dining room. It sounds weird, but it actually works. There are french doors too, so it can be closed off. This will be where the slumber party happens when kids come to visit!


I'm just posting this one in memory of Allison's visit. She was annoyed with me by this point
for taking so many pictures!! We're paiting the shutters....not a fan of the current color.


The Lana Casa! Come visit.
************
Olivia update
************
We met the infamous 'Keiffer' this weekend. It was a pretty funny site!! I had NO idea that a 3yr old could get all giddy and coy. Olivia made faces that I thought were years away from coming out. It was plain scary, cute and really funny all at the same time. Apparently all the girls are in love with Keiffer. He's 4. And, Kyle introduced himself just in case he needed to have a talk with him later. That alone was a funny site to witness. I wish I could'be had it on video. Kyle actually said 'I've heard a lot of good things about you!' Conversations had from a 40 yr old to a 4 yr old. Crazy, I tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment