19 August 2009

Visitor's Welcome.......Yes, You Read That Correctly!!!

You Guessed It!!!! WE HAVE A HOUSE!!!! For real. No shit. I'm not kidding. No joking around. Not pulling your leg.......I.Am.Serious.

If I knew how to actually place a YouTube clip in my blog, I would've put one regarding 'Celebration, by Kool and the Gang' or someone doing the Happy Dance or some kind of seriously funny touchdown dance. But, I can't. So, just imagine it.


We did our first 'unofficial' house trip in February. We did our first 'official' trip in early March. That essentially makes it 6-7 months, somewhere in the ballpark of 100 houses looked at and 4 offers later.....we have somewhere to unload our stuff that has mysteriously been in storage somewhere for the past 2 months. We have a backyard for Sam to run around in and a swing for Olivia to swing on! And a pool. No pond (insert Caddyshack joke here if you know it).

Yes folks. The Lane's can entertain once again. Buy the plane tickets now. We have plenty of room. Secretly, I'm just relieved that the Thanksgiving festivities can now go on. We are hosting the Dickinson side of the family post-Disneyworld trip and until today, I had no idea where it was going to take place. Now, no worries.

Just for kicks, this appraisal actually came in $8k HIGHER than our offer. Never thought that would happen. EVER. Woo Hoo!! Our latest close date is Sept 11th. However, the couple owning the house right now are extremely accomodating and are trying to let us close next week! What?!$? It took us this long to find a house, a dozen extremely crabby, broke realtors and upside-down homeowners and now we have nice people! Our luck is turning around. Vacation - here we come!!

Best of all......it's a great house!! We didn't have to settle. We just had to stand strong in the waiting game. Whew! Now, I'm tired. And, I'm having a much deserved glass of wine tonight on our glorious balcony tonight (because I secretly could stay in our condo forever....shhh).

More later. Off to get things ready for tomorrow when our first (kind of 2nd) visitor comes!! Allison lands at 6pm and I'm ecstatic!! 4 nights. Can't wait to see her. Lucky me too - she offered to come back and 'organize' me when we move in. She's the best. She really should go into some professional business of the sort. She's that good.

Still in shock.....

No comments:

Post a Comment