04 February 2012

Not a necessity for an update...

But, I was kindly reminded yesterday from a dear friend that I sounded a bit extreme on my last post.  Yes, I will make it back just fine.  My parents even said they didn't realize how nervous I was about the trip.  I think I posted at the wrong time yesterday (or the day before?) as I was winding down in the office to get everything together. 

Then, Luke got sick and I was up every hour with him.  So, a knock back to reality.  Then, Olivia broke out head to toe with the hives about 8 hours before I left.  Two sick kids, two trips to the pediatrician's office and I'm definitely back to reality.

All is good.  I'm in London right now.  Last night's flight was nice and uneventful.  A little bumpy over the Atlantic, but surprisingly didn't bother me.  Right before take off the pilot came on and was talking about the weather in the UK.  Apparently he was in Lithuania the day before and it was -20c.  I figured if he made it from there to Miami just fine, we were in good hands. 

Now, wrapping up the last few hours of the long layover here.  The weather is getting worse here between today and tomorrow, so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed there are no delays. 

Shortly after arrival tomorrow, a co-worker and I are taking a 1/2 day tour of Soweto and the Apartheid (discovered it's correctly pronounced 'apart-hate' not 'apart-height') Museum.  Soweto, during the Apartheid, was one of the largest inhabitants of Blacks (in S. Africa, there are 4 races, Blacks, Coloreds (mixed race), Whites and Indian).  It's a relatively small village and at one point, it housed 4 million Blacks.  Should be a very eye-opening and fascinating tour.  Will hopefully update tomorrow night. 



No comments:

Post a Comment