01 June 2011

The Party Continues.....

I think we have been on a non-stop party for the last month.  And, the fun continues this weekend!  I just flew back in town from a trip and I'm sitting in the airport lounge waiting for my parents to get here!  I cannot wait to see them and I know I'm not the only one in the house excited for their arrival! 

Two weekends ago, we hosted 3 functions back to back in our house.  We had our neighbor over Thur night before he left for the summer in NY.  The next night, Olivia had her last soccer game and we spoke up too fast and decided to have the 'end of season' pizza party at our house.  Last year we introduced our 'kid friendly' version of 'Jingle Bells and Cocktails' party, Miami-style.  We invited Olivia's class and all the families over for an end of school celebration/pool party.  So, why not repeat, right?  Well, her class grew from 11 kids last year to 18 this year.  Nonetheless, a great time was had by all.  And, similar to last year, the party (on paper) was from 3pm-7pm.  Well, the last guests left at 11pm!  The kids had a blast and were worn out for days.  That alone qualifies as success! 

This past weekend was a little bit of the same, but fortunately, none of the action occurred at our house.  Our pool, our dog and our wallet took a little break.  Our neighbors have a weekend family home in the Keys and we were invited to spend some time with them down there.  If you haven't been to the Keys....it is definitely a life-style that could grow on you if you have any ounce of 'laid backness' in you!  You just feel like you need to be sitting on a beach chair, margarita in hand, watching the sunset.  It was heaven.  Pure heaven. 

And, miracles do happen!!  I finally got caught up, as many of you know (sorry!) and got caught up on...oh, just about the last 9 months of photos!  All uploaded to Snapfish.  If I can figure it out, I will attach a link here to the pictures in the Keys.  Beautiful...am I repeating my self?

The best part.....we're going back down there this weekend with my parents!!  Today is my Dad's birthday, so we'll celebrate tonight.  Tomorrow we are getting a loaner of a friend's boat and getting a tour of Miami from sea.  Friday, Olivia graduates (yes, from preschool!) and then we're off to here.  7 pools.  I don't know who will test them all out first...Olivia, my mom or my dad!!  I'll let you know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment