16 November 2009

We Interrupt This Program.....

Yes, I know I'm supposed to be talking about @uba. But, I started uploading my pictures for Flickr thinking I could somehow share the pics that way. It looks like a very cool photo-sharing site that's somewhat 'Mac' like for us Windows users. And, I believe I can link it to my blog. However, I think the upgraded 'sophistication' of this site vs a Snapfish (for us amateurs) causes it to be S.L.O.W. I started uploaded just the pics from Day 1 and an hour later.....I'm at 44%. Yes, I realize it could be the sheer # of photos, but there really aren't that many..yet.



So, I thought I'd share a funny story. My family will all be here for Thanksgiving next week. Since we now technically have a 3 bedroom house instead of a 4 bedroom house, we have to get a little creative. Fortunately there are kids in the equation. Kids are versatile. And, the kids will be thrilled to be in the office/playroom on a big blow up mattress, away from the adults. But, that also means my poor sister gets to sleep in Olivia's room. On the daybed with beautiful sheets and pillows from Pottery Barn Kids. Every (ah-hem) almost 40-year old girls dream, right?? So, in order to somehow make it a little better stay, I went out and got this feather-bed topper for Olivia's bed. This way, DeeDee can feel like the adult she is, while at the same time playing with Barbies, American Dolls and trucks. (When we move to a cheaper state, I promise you'll get a room back!)

Olivia helped me put it on the bed yesterday. As I was putting it on, I talked it up to her as she had no idea why she should be excited. Me - 'Oh, Olivia you are going to be in Heaven with this thing on your bed tonight'. Olivia - 'But Mom, I don't want to go to Heaven and see Jake yet'. (With a small look of terror on her face). So, although I tried not to laugh, the literal translation from her just touched my heart. And sad that I made her think anything bad would happen to her.

So, she went to bed and slept fine. This morning, she ran into my room (at 6:15am because she still has yet to get past the daylight savings) and exclaimed 'Mom - see I didn't go to Heaven last night like you said I would!'. I love this kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment