02 August 2009

For the Love of Shopping......

I bet you guys thought I was going to blog about moving....or getting settled into our fabulous beach condo that makes me feel like I'm on vacation every morning so far....or the blog I still need to post from our last weekend in TX and all the great pics I have of our friends....or the fact that we almost put our 4th offer down on a house, but now have cold feet??



Nope....I need an escape from all that right now. So, if you're a guy reading this, you might want to just hit the 'x' in the top right corner. I'm going to talk about my big dilemma with shopping. Now that I'm in Miami I just can't figure out what to do. This all started as I perused my beloved Anniversary Sale at Nordstrom. It ends tomorrow. It's the one sale I look forward to every year....and my favorite store. It's brilliant if you ask me from a marketing perspective. They put wonderful fall things on sale right about the same time that you're getting ready for summer to end, school to start, and fall to peek around the corner. So, despite the fact that it's still 100f (and if you're honest with yourself.....it still will be for many, many more weeks), you somehow get romanced into buying sweaters, and boots and all kinds of things that will sit in your closet. But, you get them at a great deal!! Right??



So, despite the fact that it's warmer in Dallas right now than Miami, I at least knew that fall would come and if we were lucky, even a few months of winter. But, what the hell happens here?? One real estate lady (of the first house we made an offer on) was from NY and was so excited when she moved here that it was 79f on Christmas morning every year. Are you really supposed to be excited about that? I'm sure you would be if it were 20f where you were and you were vacationing at the beach for a few days. But I happen to like seasons. I like to dress up more in the fall/winter, bring out the boots and jackets and change up the style a bit.



How do you dress here in Miami for the fall? Do you become one of those crazy types that wears turtleneck sweaters and tall boots just because it's November....even if it's 75 outside? Or, do you still wear your spring/summer clothes and feel slightly out of style, but are comfortable with the temperature? The people here are already...ummm....'resort attire' as it is. What happens when they have to cover up a bit? Maybe a bit of 'coverage' is good for the people in S. Florida!! :)



Well....that's it for now. Complete diversion from reality. Back to searching on Nordstrom.com and dreaming of the days of fall. Or trips up north that will at least allow me to unpack my 'winter' attire for a few days out of the year! Looking forward already for the Christmas trip to TX and some cold weather!! For those of you that will need a break from the cold and enjoy a few days of warmth,......come visit the Lane's!!

No comments:

Post a Comment