02 June 2009

Miami Madness.....and it's not a celebration!

For those that say it's a 'buyer's market'.....go to Miami and try to BUY a house!! It's near impossible. I'm glad I didn't post the news at the time. But, long story now over.....we made an offer on April 29th! Yes, April 29th. And, on June 1st, we found out that the deal is not going through.

Here are the basics. Family tryig to move to Miami. Family trying to find home in nice area with pool and backyard big enough to fit a playground as they bribed child with playground as not to fear move. Found home. Make offer. Make offer $100k less than asking price based on comparables given by realtor. She's smart. Selling family goes back and forth !after getting appraisal and realizing there home is not worth the asking price. Not. Anywhere. Close. Selling family realizes they are going to lose it in the shorts and accept offer. We then proceed to get appraisal. Appraisal comes in $85k UNDER our offer!!!!! Selling family now expects us to pony up the difference in cash! On top of the 20% down!! Do they realize it's not 2006 and people got screwed. Over and over again. Hence, why they themselves are now in this mess.

So, chapter 16 in this book is that Kyle and I are now forgoing my Dad's bday celebration this weekend so we can go house hunting. Again. For the 5th time.

On a happier note.....I had a great business trip last week to St Kitts and San Juan, Puerto Rico. It was beautiful. More on that and pictures today after I charge my camera that I just realized was dead.

And. Today is Olivia's LAST day of school. She does not want it to end. And, we do not want to lose Ms Wixson and Ms Becky. Quite possible the best teachers in the world outside of our two mom's. They have been wonderful to Olivia. So, in honor of my precious daughter, here is a video of her dancing not too long ago at an arts festival! I love you Pooh!


No comments:

Post a Comment