19 October 2011

My Platform....

Yes....same story ( I say I'm going to blog and I don't), different day.  I fully understand that.  Life is hectic.  For all of us.  There is a reason why Facebook and Twitter are successful.  People can update their lives daily in one picture or 140 letters or less.  Funny.  But, a blog...slightly more commitment that doesn't always make the priority list.  Unfortunately. 

This week I was already looking forward to blog about the 'what's new with Olivia' list as she turns 6 on Saturday. I like stepping back and thinking about what the last year has meant to me. 

But, for now, I blog because of something else important.  I met a woman at a women's leadership conf in Boston last year.  She made a big impact on me and I even brought her out to our total international team meeting this past August.  I had the pleasure of having dinner with her alone the night before our meeting and she is an amazing woman.  She also writes a blog and had this as one of the subjects recently.  Click on it.  I know it's a pain and many of you may be reading this on an email.  Take the time.  I promise.  Especially if you have daughters. 

As a businesswoman in the world today, this is important to me.  As a mother of a daughter, it is frightening.  I will do everything in my power to raise a strong, confident and compassionate woman.  Yet, I'm afraid I will have to work 10x harder than I need to (make that a million) because of what the media does to our kids.  It starts so young too.  Does the 'Disney channel' really think we shouldn't monitor what they are producing these days?

Watch this trailer.  I'll be watching the movie when it comes out. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2UZZV3xU6Q&playnext=1&list=PL69880C25C2F02A24

No comments:

Post a Comment