13 May 2011

Happy Happy Friday

I just got back into town from Trinidad.  Although I would never consider Trinidad a tropical paradise by any stretch of the imagination, it made me pause and appreciate what I'm doing right now.  I have to say that I have been to some pretty cool places that not everyone gets to visit. 

On top of this, my experiences over the last two years have widened my eyes to different cultures immensely!!  My driver this morning from the hotel to the airport was passionately describing all the local 'Trini' cuisine in great detail.  And, exactly how to make it.  It literally came to life as she was talking.   Do you think we could do the same if asked about our favorite dishes? 

So many thought on this subject....I will write more.  But, right now, I'm off to get a pedicure and start the weekend! 

Here are a few pics of the family....all fun that occurred in my absence this week! 

Kyle and Olivia at her school's 'parent appreciation' breakfast which I missed as the school only gave us two weeks notice and I already had this trip booked!  Bummed.  Looks like they had fun though!

This is Luke on Michele's (our nanny) lap!  She took him for a walk at the nearby park/elementary school.  Apparently it was 'career day' and she took it upon herself to take Luke for a visit in the fire truck!  Cute, huh??



No comments:

Post a Comment