01 March 2011

Double Dose.....

Damn it.  How does time get by so fast??  I had the best of intentions to come back and write the next blog and the next...daily.  So it would be 'chapters' like I stated.  Obviously that did not work out so well for me.  Maybe I really meant months....or maybe it's that memory loss thing working against me again. 

Actually that can't be it, because I still remember what I was going to write about.  I just didn't get to it.  The next two subjects.

Weather.
Languages.

Doesn't seem very exciting though, does it?  Weather never really does.  Unless of course, it's catastrophic.  Funny enough, at the time I was thinking about this blog (a MONTH ago) it was darn-near catastrophic in TX!!  Which was why I was going to talk about it.  Remember...only talk about weather when it's interesting enough.  Otherwise, it's just the lowest common denominator in your conversation!!  :) 

Last year, and our first fall/winter in Miami, I was really missing the 'seasons'.  We went home for Christmas and it snowed (compared to this year it was a 'dusting')!  We wore scarfs and boots and coats.  It was kind of fun! 

But, this year.  I learned to embrace the 'Florida sunshine'!!!  For one, I don't really have to change out my closet for the season.  I've never worn a coat in Florida.  Or gloves.  I've worn boots, but that was only for looks.  They weren't necessary at all to keep me warm.  At the end of January, I was driving the kids to church one Sunday morning.  It was right when all the craziness was hitting the rest of the country.  There was even a day or two when Florida was the only state without snow.  It was 70, sunny and incredible here!  On my way to church, I was bombarded with the masses out cycling, running, walking dogs, rollerblading, etc.  People were living!!!  They were active!! 



It was at that moment that I decided to embrace the weather here.  Yes, it's a tad predictable.  But, I would much rather it be predictable with sunny and warm than gloomy and rainy like Seattle!  Julie and Gabe came to visit and we were at the beach playing, somewhat, in the ocean just days before 'the Blizzard of 2011' hit Dallas!  Just days. 

I really do need to get on top of this blog.  Here are subjects I'm itching to get at:
- the language part.  Still want to talk about that one.
- The Castro's visit.
- Allison's visit.
- Luke just turned 6 months!
- We're coming to TX for Spring Break.
- Kyle just started a new job and left today for his first business trip!
- Lindsay Lohan and Charlie Sheen......ha!!!  fooled you on that one, huh?
- Parenting and blogs

I'll be back tomorrow.....!  Adios.  Leave a note!!  Would love to hear from you. 

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait till you get here, Bobbi want dinner at her house but birthday boy wants pizza, bowling and beer.
    Sorry i have not called, text or come to visit but just staying busy as we wait on another round of announcements.
    love
    Lili

    ReplyDelete