09 October 2009

Anyone Out There??

I officially think I'm writing to myself....and let me tell you....it is a very strange feeling!! One, that I do not like. On one hand, this is good documentation for later in life and I'm getting to document many of Olivia's gerat moments. But, on the other hand, I'm starting to feel a bit like a crazy-person who constantly talks to herself. Maybe people have truly forgotten about us now that we've been offically gone a few months. Hmmm??? If you're out there, let me know! :) I'd love to 'chat'. I was never a big 'diary' person. I'm not that interesting on my own. But, I do love a good conversation. So. Write. I want to hear how you're doing!!

On a different note and once again, back to talking to myself, I can't wait for tomorrow morning to come. Olivia and I are heading to San Antonio for a few days. We get to see family and friends. I get to experience cool weather! The kind that's below 90f in the middle of October. The kind that makes you feel like you've actually changed seasons and really should put away your white pants for more than just the fact that Labor Day has come and gone! The weather that makes it impossible to wear open-toed shoes or flip flops every day because your toes might get a little cold. The kind that allows you to open the windows and the doors and not freak out that 'you're letting all the cold air out!' Do you think I'm homesick yet?? In addition to the family/friend sight-seeing and the ability to wear long sleeves and jeans, I'm also quite excited that my sister and I get to go out and have a margarita and some Mexican food (AND watch some UT football in the same state with other Longhorns!). Our friend's, the Dyer's, moved to Baltimore and I have always laughed at Katie's excitement over going back to Austin and getting queso and some good Tex-Mex. Now, I totally get it!!! It doesn't exist here. And, if you even live close to the giant state of Tx, you quickly realize it's a staple. It IS the 'American' food of Tx. Latin food and Mexican food are not even in the same ball park. And, here, it's Latin food. Even Olivia's been missing a little El Gabaucho's lately!

IF you are reading this and you live in Dallas.....Olivia and I also have almost a 2 hour layover in DFW tomorrow. We'd love to say 'hi' if anyone's in the area!

2 comments:

  1. your a hoooot. i've tried and tried to comment - i'm so not tech o rama BUT i follow you weekly so your NOT alone!! i LOVE the videos - this if Fran by the by -- your long lost worker bee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHMYGOSH!! i got it to work... your job looks totally amazing - the seaplane was loco. i can't wait to visit you there... i promise to bring chip and salsa in my suitcase from Primo's -- beer is on you !
    it's fran again i don't know how to post unless im anonymous. haha

    ReplyDelete